

Week 9--Arts and Craft Supplies Challenge! I want to provide supplies, space and opportunity for my boys to create. I do not want to be overrun by glitter, glue, feathers and construction paper. Below are a few suggestions for keeping supplies close by without drowning in them!Step 1--Keep like things together, in a stackable container with a lid. Uniform containers are very helpful, but not a must. I have found different sized totes and divided boxes and I make them work! Put all paint supplies in one box, all beaded crafts together, all play dough in one box, all crayons in a space saver with an attached lid, etc.
Step 2--Paper can be a challenge! Purchase a hanging file box with folders and organize sheets and scraps in rainbow order, followed by neutrals. Teach your kids to clean up after each project and leave a clean space behind. This will help to keep piles from overtaking!
Step 3--Feature one or two art projects/child on your fridge at one time. As new ones are created, file old ones in the boxes mentioned in week 7's challenge. Be sure to give some away to grandparents and special friends too!
Step 4--If possible, keep frequently used items at arms length, tucked into decorative baskets. I am able to keep most of my Creative Memories tools out where the boys (and my customers) can get to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment